Phineas: "What do you think the scariest thing was, Ferb?"
Ferb: "Definitely the giant floating baby head."
Phineas: "Yeah.....yeah, where did that come from?"
-On the baby head.[src]
The giant baby head first showed up when Phineas and Ferb help Isabella get rid of her hiccups by building a haunted house in the backyard. The baby head shows up again as one of the supplies being delivered to the Flynn-Fletcher House when Phineas and Ferb build the monster truck arena in their backyard to help Candace learn how to parallel park. It reappears on a handcart behind the boys and Candace when they build PF 5000 Animatron. The baby head is also one of Chez Platypus's customers and gets into the restaurant ahead of Candace and Jeremy. It reappears behind Candace as she's talking to Stacy about her text message to Jeremy. Also, it visited Heinz Doofenshmirtz when his foot was broken, and somehow managed to sign his cast. ("One Good Scare Ought to Do It!", "It's a Mud, Mud, Mud, Mud World", "Out of Toon", "Chez Platypus", "At the Car Wash", "The Bully Code")
In Victorian times, an identical baby head entered the Best Monster Contest. It is not known if the baby head has been around for hundreds of years, or that was just a lookalike. ("The Monster Of Phineas-n-Ferbenstein")
- The giant baby head came, according to Dan Povenmire, "one board panel drawn by Mike Diederich and one of our directors, Rob Hughes thought it was hilarious and made a whole bit about it. Now it shows up all the time."
- It has only been floating in half of its appearances.
- "Oil on Candace" had a giant baby in it, but it is not the same as the giant baby head since its hair is different.
- "Put That Putter Away" had a giant baby head in it, but it was mechanical.
- In "Chez Platypus", Buford lets the baby head in but not Candace.
- In "The Bully Code", Dr.Bloodpudding is shown leading it out with a pacifier. It's possible he may be its owner. It also had its signature on Dr. Doofenshmirtz's cast.
- In "Out of Toon", the baby head was shown being lifted upwards.
- In "Wizard of Odd", it is the aerostat of a hot air balloon seen floating inside Bustopolis.
- In the song "Mother Nature Won" during the line "when a child cries out in the night, it's rarely for the washing machine" a baby that is the same except with a different hair colour is shown.
- "One Good Scare Ought to Do It!"
- "It's a Mud, Mud, Mud, Mud World"
- "The Monster of Phineas-n-Ferbenstein"
- "Out of Toon"
- "Chez Platypus"
- "At the Car Wash"
- "The Bully Code"
- "Phineas and Ferb Hawaiian Vacation"
- "Wizard of Odd