|“||The entire Tri-State Area, and, possibly, the world, is at stake here!||”|
— Phineas Flynn
Spider-Man, Iron Man, Thor and Hulk stand powerless after being struck by Dr. Doofenshmirtz's power-drain "inator" invention. Once the supervillains – Red Skull, Whiplash, Venom and M.O.D.O.K. – find out that Dr. Doofenshmirtz is responsible for robbing the superheroes of their powers, they seek him out and together create mayhem in Danville. Meanwhile, Phineas and Ferb do everything they can to restore the superheroes' powers before the evil villains take over the world.
Phineas, Ferb, Buford, Isabella, and Baljeet are surfing in the asteroid belt. The boys had collected cosmic rays to power the surfboards. The gang then surfs to a space station shaped like Phineas and Ferb's heads in which they are connected to Irving. Irving checks on the kids and Phineas asks if it's safe to land. He then wonders where Perry is.
At Doofenshmirtz Evil Incorporated, Perry is already trapped. Doofenshmirtz explains his Power-Drain-inator, which makes people lose power. He wanted to take Roger's mayoral powers away so that Doofenshmirtz can be the leader. Doofenshmirtz would be able to raise taxes and cut the ceremonial ribbon, in which he had special scissors for. He accidentally cuts the hydraulic pump, and Perry escapes. Agent P destroys the machine and Doofenshmirtz says that he thought it was going to be a special extended episode.
The broken inator fires once toward New York City. At the city, Spider-Man comes and slings his way around while the crowd cheers for him. Hulk, Iron Man, and Thor are fighting Venom and Whiplash. When Spider-Man arrives, he joins the fight and MODOK and Red Skull come in. Anti-matter is being fired at the superheroes, but all the shots miss. That is when Doofenshmirtz's ray drains the heroes. They realize that they have lost their powers. Iron Man's suit was frozen, Spider-Man couldn't climb up walls, Hulk lost his strength, and Thor is no longer mighty. No one was able to carry Iron Man, so they went to get a dolly.
Back in Danville, the kids have arrived and their invention screws into the ground. At the exact moment, Candace tries to show Linda what they have done, but it was gone. She then asks why the boys aren't in space and Buford says they got hungry. Linda says that's her cue and asks if they want snacks.
On the S.H.I.E.L.D. helicarrier, the heroes are informed by Nick Fury that the ray came from Danville in the Tri-State Area and hit a satellite off a space station. Spider-Man questions if the space station belongs to S.H.I.E.L.D., but Fury answers that it belongs to Phineas and Ferb.
Back at D.E.I., Norm cleans up the debris from the destroyed inator. Doofenshmirtz wonders where the ray hit. A report on TV states that it hit the superheroes in New York. Doofenshmirtz gets so excited by this report that he blogs about it on the L.O.V.E.M.U.F.F.I.N. web site. At Red Skull's lair, they are talking about there fight with the superheroes, mostly about how they could have destroyed the heroes once and for all. Red Skull says that that does not change the fact that the superheroes have lost their powers, and questions what happened to their powers and calls MODOK, who comes in and tells everyone who he is (even though they all probably know) as he tells him that he has traced the ray in question to D.E.I. Red Skull says that Doofenshmirtz sounds Drusselsteinian, and MODOK projects his picture, saying that he lives in Danville to be precise. MOdOK wants to say shotgun, but Red Skull angrily refuses.
In the backyard, Linda tells the gang she'll be taking a walking tour of the Tri-State Area and, as always, Candace is in charge. After she leaves, Phineas is about to wonder wear Perry is, but then sees him in front of the house.
The villains arrive at D.E.I. and introduce themselves to Doofenshmirtz. Doofenshmirtz shows them his latest inator, the Slothinator, which will give him the powers of a sloth, "which are super-slowness and super-leaf-eating." This confuses Red Skull, since this is a rather idiotic device.
Back at the Flynn-Fletcher house, the doorbell rings and Phineas asks Ferb if he was expecting any one. Ferb opens the door to see Spider-Man, Iron Man, Hulk and Thor and says "Not them".
Spider-Man asks the boys if they are a little young to be stealing superheroes' superpowers, to which Phineas says they would be but denies that he did it. The gang give the heroes juice boxes, which baffles Thor, since it is not an Asgardian item. The superheroes tell Phineas the ray that took away their powers came from Danville and hit their space station. Phineas knows what the gang is going to do today. At this point, Candace comes down and does her "I'm in charge" spiel, and obliviously greets Spider-Man, but then gets stunned by the fact that there are superheroes in the kitchen. Isabella leads Candace out so she can lie down and process this. Iron Man falls down and Phineas once again asks where Perry is.
Down in Agent P's lair, Major Monogram communicates from an old black and white TV set, since Fury is speaking on the big screen. Fury is confused that the agent is in fact a platypus, and gets irritated when Monogram starts wearing an eyepatch and lies that he has a stye. (Carl says that Monogram thinks it makes him look cool.) Fury informs Perry about the heroes losing their powers and tells him to go after the super villains. Monogram now wears eyepatches on both eyes, much to Fury's annoyance. Carl says that Monogram believes that two eyepatches make him look twice as cool, which Monogram innocently denies.
Back at D.E.I., Doofenshmirtz gives the villains a tour of his Hall of Inators, which is full of really useless inators, which confuses Red Skull. Red Skull asks where the inator that took away the superheroes' powers is, to which Doofenshmirtz reveals it was destroyed by Perry the Platypus. Red Skull asks if Perry is a super-soldier platypus like Captain America, and Venom asks if he was bitten by a radioactive platypus, like Spider-Man. Red Skull instructs Doofenshmirtz to rebuild the Power-Drain-Inator, which excites Doofenshmirtz. Red Skull then tells Whiplash to go along with Doofenshmirtz and then give him to MODOK to destroy. Doofenshmirtz then says he has to run some errands and invites the villains to come with him.Phineas unveils a small shed-like building called the Secret Hideout for Emergency Defense (or S.H.E.D. for short). Iron Man says that it looks too small. However, once they go inside, it is revealed to be way bigger on the inside, to which Ferb remarks it is "just a little British sci-fi technology." Thor notices something that looks very similar to Iron Man's suit. It turns out to be The Beak Suit Mark 2, an upgrade of the original Beak suit, although Phineas explains that it is not waterproof so they can't use it in the rain. Ferb hands the heroes and the gang their laminated S.H.E.D. ID cards so they can have access to all areas. Candace enters very starstruck by the heroes and asks them to read her fan-fiction, to which Spider-Man refuses since they are not allowed to accept unsolicited material. Candace revealed she has been a superhero fan girl ever since she did research for the Ducky Momo/superhero crossover. Phineas says they need to get to work restoring the heroes' powers. Candace says, "I know what we're gonna do today" and geeks out.
Meanwhile, around Danville, in song, Doofenshmirtz and the villains do many "evil" doings such as jaywalking, tearing up parking tickets, ding-dong-ditching, teepeeing houses, trampling on flower beds, stealing vacuum cleaner bags and stealing all the hot dogs from the vendor.
The heroes step onto a platform for a machine that Phineas says will temporarily duplicate their lost powers. Ferb says the machine is all set to go, but gets interrupted by Candace, who is very eager to help and presses the button on the machine, which goes haywire and explodes. Thor says he feels invigorated and jumps in the air. Candace is convinced that it works, however, Phineas shows her otherwise when Thor sticks to the ceiling like Spider-Man.
At the Googolplex Mall, the villains take the down escalator while Doofenshmirtz walks down the up escalator and suggest getting ice cream before dinner. Finally having had enough of Doofenshmirtz's stupidity, Whiplash takes out his whips and causes all sorts of havoc.Back at S.H.E.D., Phineas discovers that Candace mixed up all the heroes' powers. Thor now has Spider-Man's powers, Spider-Man has Hulk's powers, Iron Man gets Thor's powers and Hulk gets Iron Man's powers. However, Iron Man discovers he cannot retrieve Mjolnir, since he is not worthy of holding it, and he cannot fly or control lightning since those abilities come with Mjolnir. Candace apologizes, but Phineas explains the stakes are high. Candace angrily says she should leave, which Phineas agrees, and she sadly obliges. The heroes see a breaking news story about the chaotic events at the Googolplex Mall and decide they need to be there. Phineas and Ferb help out in the Beak suit and transport all the heroes there. Unfortunately, the battle goes badly, as the villains quickly subdue the heroes.
As Red Skull proclaims the heroes' defeat, Perry enters in a superhero suit, swooping down on a hoverboard and lifting the heroes out of the mall. After Agent P drops everyone off in the Flynn-Fletcher backyard, Phineas has everyone regroup in S.H.E.D. and come up with a Plan B. In S.H.E.D., where Buford, Baljeet, and Candace are rebuilding the power-duplicating machine, the heroes test out their powers, only to find that since the powers didn't mesh with their cell structures, the powers have faded. Fortunately, the machine's first aspect, recreating Hulk's powers, is almost finished; however, Candace prematurely plugs it in, and Baljeet is zapped instead. Baljeet turns into Hulkjeet and smashes the machine, charging out of S.H.E.D. Phineas again becomes extremely angry at Candace, as they now have to start over with the power regeneration. He tears up her S.H.E.D. card and makes her leave, while Buford exits as well to look for Hulkjeet.
Meanwhile, Perry is notified by Nick Fury and Monogram that the villains are at D.E.I. Agent P heads over there immediately, where Doofenshmirtz is building a second Power-Drain-inator. Doofenshmirtz is powering it with mundanium finite instead of Pizzazium Infinionite, as the latter is too hard to obtain. After it is finished, Red Skull traps Doofenshmirtz in a cage, and proclaims his plan to completely destroy the Tri-State Area, before draining the powers from all the superheroes worldwide and so take over the world. He also spots Agent P watching them from a pipe, and Venom is able to trap the heroic monotreme as well.
Across town, Hulkjeet continues to rampage, as Linda walks past on her walking tour, completely oblivous.Back at the Flynn-Fletcher house, Candace is lying in her room when Isabella comes up to talk to her. They both lament how they're feeling left out of the whole situation, as they want to help save the day. After the song, Lawrence turns off the sprinkler which provided rain effects, as he was done watering the lawn.
Buford finally finds Hulkjeet, and tells him that he is his best friend. This is able to calm him down, turning him back into Baljeet. However, Buford states that Baljeet was a terrible monster, and demonstrates proper technique by grabbing the nerd via twisted shirt and yelling at him. This causes Hulkjeet to regenerate, and he throws Buford into a mattress warehouse. Buford continues to run after him, still criticizing his technique.
At Danville City Hall, Red Skull proclaims the imminent end of the Tri-State Area, destroying a hot dog stand with the second Power-Drain-inator as demonstration. Phineas, Ferb, and the heroes see this on TV at S.H.E.D., as Red Skull concludes by demanding the superheroes come downtown to fight in order to prevent Danville's destruction. Despite being powerless, the heroes agree to fight anyway, with Thor explaining that "Being a hero isn't the armor you wear, but the metal in your spirit and the steel in your resolve." Spider-Man promptly ruins the moment with quips.
While Phineas and Ferb finish repairing The Beak suit in S.H.E.D., Isabella and Candace enter, as the latter wants a chance to apologize. However, Phineas doesn't give his sister a chance to speak, as he feels that he and Ferb are needed downtown immediately to help with the potentially final battle.
Downtown, the villains await the heroes' arrival. When they do show up, they are almost immediately trapped.
Back at D.E.I., Doofenshmirtz asks Agent P if he has any powers that can break them out of their cages, and Perry pulls out a pair of bolt cutters in response.
At S.H.E.D., Candace tries to convince her brothers not to go, as The Beak suit is only partially operational. Isabella also tries to stop them, but they take off for downtown anyway.
As Red Skull monologues about the heroes' defeat, Whiplash throws Iron Man into the sky. Red Skull states that the heroes have nothing left, but Hulkjeet shows up and snags Iron Man. At the same time, The Beak and Agent P also appear, while Doofenshmirtz begins firing a barrage of waffles from his Waffle-inator from the D.E.I. balcony. Spider-Man takes advantage of the distraction to snatch the mundanium finite core from the -inator, and the villains begin chasing the heroes in order to retrieve the core. The heroes quickly gain momentum while keeping the core away.The two girls are still at S.H.E.D., when Candace points out that superpowers are a form of energy and thus cannot be lost, only transferred to a different form. Isabella quickly realizes that the powers must be stored in their data collection at the space station, and she and Candace immediately take off for outer space.
Back downtown, Spider-Man passes the reactor core off to Iron Man in a golf cart, and uses the tees, golf bag, and a club to take out Whiplash, MODOK, and Venom respectively. Red Skull attempts to go after them, but is stopped by Buford in a bear suit - dubbing himself "Bear Boy" - wielding a fish.
Candace and Isabella arrive at the space station, and Isabella spots the powers in the data collection tank. Candace tries to get her to beam the powers back to the heroes, but she doesn't know how, as she was dreamily distracted by Phineas dressed as an astronaut.
As the battle downtown rages on, the heroes continue to keep the core away from the villains. Hulk, on a bicycle, retrieves the core from Iron Man and throws it to Thor (on a skateboard), and Whiplash is only prevented from intercepting it by a fish slap from Bear Boy. After MODOK snatches the core from Thor, he promptly gets hit by a waffle and loses it. Whiplash deflects the core away from Spider-Man, and as The Beak catches it, it falls apart and the four mundanium finite orbs bounce away. Everyone chases after them.
Meanwhile, Doofenshmirtz realizes his Waffle-inator doesn't have enough power to defeat the villains, and remembers his Disintegrator-inator. He tries to activate it, but it doesn't work, as it is unplugged. Doof quickly runs off to find an extremely short extension cord.
At the space station, Candace spots a big red button, and decides it must be the button to release the superpowers. Isabella tries to stop her, but Candace reasons that the third time is the charm and pushes it. Unfortunately, this deactivates the space station completely, and it begins to plummet back to Earth.
At D.E.I., Doofenshmirtz continues to search for an extension cord of the right length.
As Linda continues her walking tour, the heroes and villains continue to battle over the orbs. The Beak is able to grab one, but Whiplash rips off the arm holding it, and the suit falls apart. Bear Boy catches an orb with his fish, but Venom intercepts the throw to Hulk. MODOK successfully immobilizes Thor and Agent P, bringing the last two orbs to Red Skull, who rebuilds the core and activates the second Power-Drain-inator. As the -inator prepares to fire, Red Skull proclaims that this is the end of the Tri-State Area... but at that moment, the space station lands on the machine, destroying it. Candace and Isabella disembark victoriously, rolling the data collection tank to her brothers. Phineas activates the tank, giving the heroes their powers back.
As the villains emerge from under the station, the heroes test out their powers, which are once again working like normal. Red Skull glumly remarks that their window of opportunity is closed, and Iron Man tells the kids to take a break and watch the battle. They do so, and the heroes (assisted by Agent P) curb-stomp the villains. During the battle, Hulkjeet deactivates and once again becomes Baljeet, and Phineas and Candace apologize to each other, with Phineas giving Candace back her mended S.H.E.D. card. Iron Man and Hulk also sign photos for Perry, addressed to Monogram and Carl respectively.
Once the battle is over, Candace spots Linda walking by, and, even though she apologized for everything earlier, reverts to her old busting self due to seeing all the wreckage. She immediately runs off to get her. At the same time, the S.H.I.E.L.D. helicarrier lowers, and after the tied-up villains are loaded in, Nick Fury thanks the boys, stating that they "showed true courage fighting alongside" the heroes. They salute each other.
Candace, finally gets Linda's attention and hauls her over to the battleground.
The heroes all sign off to a different kid as they prepare to leave: Iron Man gives Ferb a card for a summer internship next year, Spider-Man says that the juice box will be his treat for Phineas next time, Hulk and Baljeet fist-bump, and Thor and Buford salute each other with a lightning-empowered Mjolnir and the fish. The helicarrier departs as everyone waves goodbye.
At D.E.I., Doofenshmirtz has finally found the proper-sized extension cord, and activates the Disintegrator-inator, vaporizing the giant station just before Candace brings Linda to the battleground with her stories of superheroes. Linda sees a comic book kiosk with Spider-Man, Thor, Iron Man, Hulk, and Ducky Momo stories, and agrees that the superheroes are indeed there. Candace but-but-buts and declines Linda's invitation to join her for the rest of the walking tour.
On the D.E.I. balcony, Doofenshmirtz proclaims that he did it, but realizes that no one is paying any attention to him.
The gang approach the familiar looking platypus superhero. Buford wants to know who he really is, but Phineas is against it. Buford unmasks him anyway to reveal Ducky Momo, much to Candace's surprise. Ducky Momo flies away. Perry returns and Phineas says, "Oh, there you are, Perry!" The gang all walk away, but not before the camera reveals both Agent P's superhero suit and a Ducky Momo mask in the trash can.
- Surfin' Asteroids
- These are My Streets
- Horse in a Bookcase (instrumental)
- Free (instrumental)
- J-Pop (Welcome to Tokyo) (instrumental)
- My Evil Buddies and Me
- Only Trying To Help
- Feelin' Super
- Feeling Froggy
|The image gallery for this episode may be viewed here.|
- This is the show's second one-hour special, following "Phineas and Ferb Summer Belongs to You!", and the fourth extended episode after "Phineas and Ferb Christmas Vacation!", "Phineas and Ferb Summer Belongs to You!" and "Phineas and Ferb Musical Cliptastic Countdown Hosted by Kelly Osbourne".
- This is also the second episode to not play the theme song or a version of it. ("Phineas and Ferb Summer Belongs to You!")
- This is one of the few episodes in which Phineas is angry, or serious. ("No More Bunny Business", "The Baljeatles", "Phineas and Ferb Summer Belongs to You!")
- It is revealed that Baljeet has a fear of heights.
- Each of the characters wear a costume of some kind while saving Danville except for Isabella. The Avengers and Spider-Man wear their normal attire. Phineas and Ferb bring back the Beak, although the suit gets an arm ripped off in battle. Baljeet gets Hulk-like powers. Buford dresses in his bear suit, that now has a capital B on the front, along with gloves and a cape. Candace supposedly was to reprise her Dangeraffe costume in some of the trailers, but does not do so in the actual episode, and also dresses like Thor in a promotional image. In addition, Doofenshmirtz reveals he tried to be MODOK in the 90s. Perry gains his own superhero outfit with blue gloves, boots, and mask. Perry's outfit also has a red cape and rockets on a yellow utility belt allowing him to fly. Monogram wears an eyepatch briefly when conversing with Fury and Agent P. Later, he is seen with two eye patches and then grows a goatee.
- First episode in which Isabella goes to Candace's room.
- Prior to this episode, the Marvel heroes were parodied several times on the show:
- Comic book creator Stan Lee cameos as a hot dog vendor in New York.
- The hot dog stand that he runs is labelled "Excelsior! Hot Dogs". "Excelsior" is Lee's catchphrase.
- Once again, Doofenshmirtz is mistaken for a pharmacist.
- Irving acts as mission control while the rest of the gang is in outer space again ("Moon Farm").
- Phineas and the gang wears the same spacesuits from "Moon Farm", whereas Isabella wears the same spacesuit from "Out to Launch" but in white.
- Thirteenth time Phineas and Ferb go to space ("Rollercoaster", "Out to Launch", "The Chronicles of Meap", "The Secret of Success", "The Doof Side of the Moon", "Rollercoaster: The Musical!", "Moon Farm", "Meapless in Seattle", "Sleepwalk Surprise", "Happy New Year!").
- Second time Doofenshmirtz blogs something that he saw ("Agent Doof").
- Second time Phineas and Ferb see Perry as a secret agent (Phineas and Ferb The Movie: Across the 2nd Dimension).
- Although they don't recognize him in the superhero costume.
- Buford once again emphasizes his stance on brawn over brains, which Hulk seems to share. ("Where's Perry?", "Where's Perry? (Part Two)")
- Doofenshmirtz mentions no one ever coming to celebrate his birthdays. ("Raging Bully")
- Horse in a Bookcase is mentioned again ("What A Croc!", "Ferb TV").
- This is the fourth episode where Major Monogram refers to Agent P as Perry, and the first where he calls him by his full name, Agent Perry the Platypus. ("Toy to the World", "Phineas and Ferb-Busters!", "Phineas' Birthday Clip-O-Rama!")
- During My Evil Buddies and Me, MODOK passes by the inexplicable Giant Floating Baby Head.
- This is the second episode where Phineas gets angry at Candace. ("Phineas and Ferb Summer Belongs to You!")
- This is the third time Isabella asks "What'cha doin'?" in a sad tone. ("The Great Indoors", "Just Desserts")
- Ferb has five lines in this episode, so this episode is only fourth to "Phineas and Ferb Summer Belongs to You!" (nine lines), the movie (seven lines) and "Ready for the Bettys" (six lines).
- Like Perry, Candace, Phineas, Ferb, Lawrence and Baljeet before her, Linda also has a smartphone now.
- Major Monogram appears in black and white. This is his second occasion to do so. ("The Baljeatles")
- Second time Ferb identifies Agent P as an "anthropomorphic platypus." ("Phineas and Ferb and the Temple of Juatchadoon")
- This marks the second time Doofenshmirtz gets trapped by someone with world domination aspirations. ("Minor Monogram")
- Second time Doofenshmirtz states how everyone bends the truth on the Internet. ("Mind Share")
- The delivery man who talks with Rodney in "Road to Danville " is seen again.
- The Ducky Momo kiosk girl at the Googolplex Mall is one of the party animals in "Candace Gets Busted". She was voiced by Candi Milo in that episode, but here she has a different voice actress.
- Second time someone falls into Isabella's arms. ("One Good Scare Ought to Do It!")
- Second time Buford says he worries about Baljeet. ("Suddenly Suzy")
- This is the first episode where Candace and Isabella interact frequently.
- Isabella and Candace are the only two characters who sing in this episode.
- This is a special Season 4 episode and served as the first animated crossover between Disney and Marvel, as formerly happened with the online game Club Penguin.
- In 2009, Disney Company acquired Marvel Entertainment. "Our partnership with Marvel has yielded big returns this year - first with the launch of the Marvel Universe block on Disney XD, and now with production beginning on the Phineas and Ferb / Marvel special. To paraphrase Phineas himself: best year EVER!," said Gary Marsh, president and chief creative officer, Disney Channels Worldwide.
- Dan Povenmire revealed in an interview that Doofenshmirtz creates the "power-drain-inator" with the intention of draining his brother's "power" as mayor of Danville, but it mistakenly hits Marvel's heroes. In the same interview, Jeff "Swampy" Marsh said that Candace's plot in the episode is going to involve her love of comic books and fan fiction.
- The storyboard of the episode's final two acts consists of 1,801 pages.
- Teaser promotions:
- The first images were shown in the Disney Channel Summer 2013 promo, debuting in May 2013.
- A teaser trailer was released on May 15, 2013.
- On June 6, 2013, USA Today released the full-length trailer.
- A 90-second sneak peak aired during the premiere of Marvel's Avengers Assemble on Disney XD on July 7, 2013.
- A seven-minute teaser showing the first moments of the special was posted on Disney Channel's website for viewers in the USA on July 23, 2013.
- Visitors to the biannual D23 Convention got their first look at the special Friday, August 9th.
- Dan Povenmire and Jeff "Swampy" Marsh tweeted pictures from the foley session for this episode.
- In order to make them fit in with the Phineas and Ferb animation style, the Marvel characters' heads were slightly enlarged.
- A few of European countries have released this special episode with a different rip (via TV), dividing it into two parts, and including some differences and another credits at the first part. It's because they used the original-produced rip, like they did before with the first lengthy-produced special: "Phineas and Ferb Summer Belongs to You!".
- Disney's newest animated series, Wander Over Yonder, had its first episode premiered right after the broadcast of this special on August 16th on Family Channel Canada and after the Mickey Mouse Short "Bad Ear Day" on Disney Channel in the US.
- The conversation between Iron Man and Thor is based on a real-life conversation between the P&F writers and the Marvel executives. Initially, when the heroes' powers got mixed up, Iron Man was going to be able to retrieve Thor's hammer. When the Marvel executives heard this, they explained that he cannot do that since wielding the hammer is not about power, but about worthiness, and that lightning and flight only work with the hammer. So the writers were stuck with how to rewrite it until they ultimately decided to put the entire conversation they had into the show.
- This special episode was aired on Disney Channel on Demand and made available for verified users of WatchDisneyChannel.com and the Watch Disney Channel iPhone and iPad apps on August 11, 2013.
- Dan stated it took about a week to receive permission to do the Howard the Duck joke.
- During the premiere on the east coast, Doofenshmirtz live-tweeted on Twitter @DoofDaily. One of his tweets is directly the one he published on his L.O.V.E.M.U.F.F.I.N. blog in the episode, and it was posted in real time.
- Surfin' Asteroids, These are My Streets, Feelin' Super, Feeling Froggy, and the Evil Jingle were only instrumental when this episode premiered on Disney Channel. According to Dan Povenmire, this was not intentional. This was partially fixed for the August 18, 2013 airing with These are My Streets and Feelin' Super were still lacking their vocals, with Feelin' Super being fixed for the Disney XD premiere.
- The vocals remain intact for all the songs on the WatchDisneyChannel.com and iTunes versions.
- August 16, 2013 (Family Channel, Canada)
- August 17, 2013 (Disney Channel India)
- August 18, 2013 (Disney XD Canada)
- September 8, 2013 (Disney Channel Brazil and Latin America)
- September 19, 2013 (Disney XD UK)
- September 21, 2013 (Disney XD Brazil and Latin America)
- September 26, 2013 (Disney XD Poland)
- October 20, 2013 (Disney XD Spain and Netherlands)
- October 21, 2013 (Disney XD Italy)
- October 25, 2013 (Disney XD Germany)
- November 1, 2013 (Disney XD France)
- November 8, 2013 (Disney Channel Scandinavia) (Part 1)
- November 10, 2013 (Disney Channel Asia)
- November 11, 2013 (Disney Channel France)
- November 23, 2013 (Disney Channel Portugal)
- November 29, 2013 (Disney Channel Scandinavia) (Part 2)
- December 2, 2013 (Disney Channel Russia)
Den of Geek states that the special was good. AV Club gave the special a "B+" and had a tad contrived, but the P&F creators have so much fun with the classic superheroes that it’s also pretty hilarious, poking fun at the hero genre it so clearly idolizes. Unleash the Fanboy gave it a "4.5/5" stated "it's one of the most fun things to come out of Marvel animation recently. The dialogue was great and you will find yourself laughing out loud at some parts. It’s fun for all, young ones and longtime comic fans alike. Plus you get to see Thor riding a skateboard."
- Total viewers: 3.76 million, 0.73 million adults, 0.6 rating (best series performance since "My Sweet Ride" 2/1/13);
- Kids 2-11: 2.3 million, 4.8 rating (best performance in demo since "Where's Perry? (Part Two)" 8/24/2012);
- Kids 6-11: 1.7 million, 7.1 rating (best performance in demo since "My Sweet Ride");
- Tweens 9-14: 1.3 million, 4.3 million.
- Once again, Isabella is drawn with eyebrows for certain scenes, despite not having them as revealed in Learn to Draw Phineas and Ferb.
- In the first scene, where the characters are standing in front of the S.H.E.D, the spider on the Spider-Man's back is black, not red.
- In one scene with MODOK, Red Skull and Doofenshmirtz, Skull has brown pants instead of green.
- While Iron Man's suit had no power, his eyes were black instead of blue. However, in some scenes, his eyes were blue again.
- During Only Trying To Help, Candace is sitting near the window on the edge of the seat. But in the next scene, she has moved closer to the window.
- When they sing "Though I'm acting nonchalant it's clear", in Only Trying to Help, the figure of a heart is missing in the "Me, Myself and I" poster.
- When Candace sees Linda, her skin is paler than usual in one scene.
- In Only Trying To Help, when they sing "I'm not feeling that heroic" Isabella's eyes are black instead of blue.
- In the beginning, the gang ride on rocket powered versions of the surfboards seen in "What'd I Miss?" and "Great Balls Of Water".
- The Beak appears again, although it is a modified version since there is no voice disguising mechanism, and it is not waterproof ("The Beak", Phineas and Ferb The Movie: Across the 2nd Dimension).
- Buford wears the bear suit from "Buford Confidential".
- At the 2012 Comic-Con, pictures from "Out to Launch", "Moon Farm", "Magic Carpet Ride", "The Beak", "Bullseye!", "Escape From Phineas Tower", "Lotsa Latkes", and "Mom's in the House" appeared in the trailer.
- Pizzazium Infinionite is mentioned by Doofenshmirtz. ("Vanessassary Roughness")
- The Disintegrator-inator from "Where's Perry?" reappears.
- Phineas and Ferb Theme - In the opening title sequence, Spider-Man takes the place of Candace and parodies her line as "Aunt May, Phineas and Ferb are making a crossover!"
- Star Trek - In the song Surfin' Asteroids, outer space is referred to as the "final frontier", like the famous opening narration from the classic sci-fi TV series.
- Silver Surfer - Phineas and his friends surfing is space is similar to the Silver Surfer.
- X-Men - Stan Lee previously played a hot dog vendor in the first X-Men movie.
- Charlie Sheen - After realizing he is responsible for the superheroes losing their powers, Doofenshmirtz remarks that he is "winning!", a catchphrase popularized by the actor during a series of 2011 interviews after being fired from his lead role on the sitcom Two and a Half Men.
- Monty Python and the Holy Grail - Fury asks Major Monogram if the agent he heard about is "behind the platypus", much like King Arthur asks if the hideous killer beast is "behind the rabbit".
- S.H.I.E.L.D - S.H.E.D is a parody of this organization, which appeared in this episode.
- Spider-Man - There are many references on the Spider-Man's origin. For example: when Venom asks Dr. Doofenshmirtz if Perry was bitten by a radioactive platypus or when Dr. Doofenshmirtz sarcastically asks Agent P if his "super wire cutters" were originally nail clippers bitten by radioactive pinching shears.
- The final shot, as the gang walks away from a trash can where Perry has discarded his superhero disguise, is a copy of a famous panel from Amazing Spider-Man #50, in which the wallcrawler did the same thing.
- Doctor Who - Ferb mentions using "British sci-fi technology" to make the S.H.E.D., in reference to this series's main mode of transport, the TARDIS, which is also "bigger on the inside". Previously, there were references to that series in "Out to Launch", "For Your Ice Only", and "Just Desserts".
- Captain America - Captain America does not appear in this special, but he is still referred to when Red Skull asks if Perry the Platypus is a super soldier platypus.
- Ghost Rider - Dr. Doofenshmirtz says to the Red Skull "Is your head going to burst into flames or am I thinking of someone else?" This is a reference to the Marvel character Ghost Rider.
- Let's Call the Whole Thing Off - The classic Gershwin song is once again referenced ("Bad Hair Day").
- The Lone Ranger - Most radio episodes of The Lone Ranger ended with the one being saved asking, "Who was that masked man?" Red Skull parodies this with the phrase, "Who was that masked...beaver...duck?"
- Howard the Duck - Spider-Man believes the masked beaver-duck to be this Marvel character.
- The Incredible Hulk (TV series) - After Phineas bans Candace from S.H.E.D., she walks away to dejected piano music like David Banner does at the end of every episode of the live-action series. Then Buford says 'I always told her "don't ever make Phineas angry. You wouldn't like him when he's angry."' (a common catchphrase uttered by Banner in the TV show).
- Portland - When an old lady getting off a bus sees the villains, she remarks "this is worse than Portland". This is a reference to the city's strong comic book community of cosplayers and writers.
- The Avengers - Baljeet rescuing Iron Man and Iron Man flying up into the air is reminicent of the final battle of The Avengers film. Thor references Bilgesnipe, which are mindless creatures that he tells Phil Coulson about in the movie. After Hulkjeet saves Iron Man, Iron Man says, "We have a Baljeet", just like he says "We have a Hulk" in the film. The beginning of the ending battle even pays tribute to the revolving shot of all the heroes, and at one point during the battle the movie's theme tune can be heard.
- White Heat - When Doof fires his Waffle-inator, he says, "Top of the world, Ma!", a common misquote of the famous James Cagney line from the 1949 film.
- Back To the Future - The scene where Doofenshmirtz cannot connect the cords of the Disintegrator-inator is reminiscent of the scene where Doc Brown cannot connect the cords of the lightning rod from atop the clock tower.
- The Amityville Horror - The last stop on Linda's walking tour before Candace stops her from continuing was the House Built on the Indian Burial Ground. This was the cause for the haunting in the film.
- Scooby-Doo, Where are You? - The end credit scene is a parody of the typical "unmasking" scene at the end of every episode of this classic animated series.
- Hoofdartikel: Phineas and Ferb: Mission Marvel/Credits
- Vincent Martella as Phineas Flynn
- Ashley Tisdale as Candace Flynn
- Thomas Brodie-Sangster as Ferb Fletcher
- Caroline Rhea as Mom
- Richard O'Brien as Dad
- Dan Povenmire as Dr. Doofenshmirtz, Vinnie, Aditional Voices
- Jeff "Swampy" Marsh as Major Monogram, Gordon Gutsofanemu, Additional Voices
- Tyler Mann as Carl
- John Viener as Norm
- Dee Bradley Baker as Perry the Platypus
- Maulik Pancholy as Baljeet/Hulkjeet
- Bobby Gaylor as Buford Van Stomm/Bear Boy
- Alyson Stoner as Isabella Garcia-Shapiro, Additional Voices
- Jack McBrayer as Irving
- Chi McBride as Nick Fury
- Travis Willingham as Thor
- Adrian Pasdar as Iron Man 
- Drake Bell as Spider-Man
- Fred Tatasciore as Hulk
- Liam O'Brien as Red Skull
- Charlie Adler as MODOK
- Danny Trejo as Venom 
- Peter Stormare as Whiplash
- Stan Lee as New York City Hot Dog Vendor, Narrator
- Allie Mac Kay as the Little Old Lady
- Kelly Hu as Japanese Announcer, Additional voices
- ↑ Jim Hill Media, June 13, 2012
- ↑ 2012 Creative Arts Emmys Interview
- ↑ https://twitter.com/DanPovenmire/status/259068995787976704/photo/1
- ↑ https://twitter.com/mmonogram/status/259062173253382144/photo/1
- ↑ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ptwc378Hlc
- ↑ Phineas and Ferb are on a 'Mission' with Marvel heroes
- ↑ http://www.usatoday.com/story/life/2013/07/05/phineas-and-ferb-mission-marvel-sneak-peek/2491909/
- ↑ http://video.disney.com/watch/disneychannel-sneak-peek-4e224a85206bfe35a356df0c
- ↑ http://variety.com/2013/tv/news/d23-expo-lines-up-disney-channel-stars-phineas-and-ferb-mission-marvel-1200497050/
- ↑ http://instagram.com/p/ZZO2uxDPBD
- ↑ https://twitter.com/DanPovenmire/status/335211324957151232
- ↑ http://www.tvguide.com/News/Phineas-Ferb-Premiere-1067309.aspx
- ↑ THE NEWS BUNDLE: Disney Channel To Preview New Animated Series 'Wander Over Yonder' Next Month from 'Powerpuff Girls' Creator
- ↑ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uZ6amy43Zj8
- ↑ http://www.usatoday.com/story/life/2013/08/15/phineas-and-ferb-mission-marvel-animated-special/2658431/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+usatoday-LifeTopStories+%28Life+-+Top+Stories%29
- ↑ https://twitter.com/DoofDaily/status/368524393598570498
- ↑ https://twitter.com/DanPovenmire/status/369155961945997312
- ↑ http://www.disneyxd.ca/
- ↑ [http://www.anmtv.xpg.com.br/phineas-e-perb-mission-marvel-estreia-disney-xd-channel/ ANMTV (In Portuguese)
- ↑ Phineas and Ferb: Mission Marvel, Review
- ↑ B+ Phineas and Ferb: Mission Marvel
- ↑ Phineas and Ferb: Mission Marvel Review
- ↑ http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/2013/08/19/premiere-of-phineas-and-ferb-mission-marvel-rockets-to-over-6-month-high-in-total-viewers-and-1-year-high-in-kids-2-11/198330/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+Tvbythenumbers+%28TVbytheNumbers%29
- ↑ http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/2013/08/19/friday-cable-ratings-gold-rush-south-america-wins-night-friday-night-smackdown-phineas-and-ferb-tanked-more/198208/
- ↑ http://www.thefutoncritic.com/ratings/2013/08/19/fridays-cable-ratings-gold-rush-phineas-and-ferb-top-charts-961015/cable_20130816/
- ↑ https://twitter.com/DanPovenmire/status/331848577527738368/photo/1
- ↑ https://twitter.com/DanPovenmire/status/322793611475427328/photo/1/large
- ↑ http://ktla.com/2013/08/09/disneys-d23-expo-phineas-and-ferb-the-waffle-inator/#axzz2bacARVpF
"Phineas and Ferb Musical Cliptastic Countdown Hosted by Kelly Osbourne"
|Special episodes|| Volgende:|
"Phineas and Ferb: Star Wars"
|Crossover episodes|| Volgende:|
"Phineas and Ferb: Star Wars"
Phineas en Ferb the Movie: Dwars door de 2de Dimensie
|Most Songs|| Volgende:|