During a Hawaiian family vacation, Candace finds a cool lava rock necklace and is plagued with bad luck, so a native tells her she must take it to the top of a volcano, which spoils the cool, calm vibe she learned from a Hawaiian yoga instructor. Phineas and Ferb go with Candace and along the way, they ride a few waves with pro surfer Laird Hamilton. Meanwhile, Dr. Doofenshmirtz is also at the same volcano, trying to make the population less intelligent with his "de-evolution-inator."
The Flynn-Fletcher family arrives in Hawaii for vacation. Linda and Lawrence are looking forward to the Annual Couple’s Surfing Contest while Candace plans on relaxing and taking a ’break’ from trying to bust Phineas and Ferb. The family checks out the gift shop while Lawrence checks them into the hotel with the hotel manager. While the manager calls the bellhop to collect their bags, Perry the Platypus goes to a screen with Major Monogram for his briefing and we find out that Dr. Doofenshmirtz is the reason they went to Hawaii, thanks to Perry's subliminal message in his litter box. Monogram tells Perry to go get Doofenshmirtz whose somewhere in the big islands and find out what he’s up to…and get a hula wiggler for Carl who thinks it would be “neat“. Browsing the gift shop, Candace buys some "Pineapple Serenity Lotion" and Phineas and Ferb buy some aqua primates, or "A-Primes" that are shown crowning the queen, fighting robots, and designing websites on the back of the box. Phineas then wonders where Perry went.
Perry flies into Pink Unicorn Island, which Doofenshmirtz explains that "Skull Island was booked." However, Pink Unicorn Island was cheaper, and he is able to keep the robe. Doofenshmirtz drapes a lei over Perry which quickly binds him, and explains that the reason he is at the islands is that the mini volcanoes contain a primordial ooze which is needed for his De-Evolution-Inator. He plans to use it on the Tri-State Area and devolve everyone so he can take control.Back at the hotel pool, Candace is able to relax with her serenity lotion while Phineas and Ferb are in their hotel room with their newly hatched A-Primes. Phineas notices how small they are and how they seem to be able to do only one trick, moving toward a light source. He thinks of how much better they could be human size, so he asks Ferb if there's any more of their growth elixir. They go down to the pool and after a quick rule check, dump the A-Primes in, where they grow to human size. Phineas and Ferb jump into the water and do the "A-Prime Calypso." Candace decides to take a yoga class. She covers herself with serenity lotion and while doing a standing back bend, she slips and falls backward into the pool, scaring the A-Primes out of the water. Phineas and Ferb follow them for their improbable creature wrangling time.
At Pink Unicorn Island, Doofenshmirtz shoos some cats away from his fish skeleton-shaped de-evolution-inator and attempts to activate it, after explaining its path. Nothing happens. He climbs up to its lens and attempts to wipe away a smear, only to accidentally hit himself and Perry with the De-Evolution-Inator and they start fighting while randomly evolving and devolving.
The A-Primes run through the hotel and into an elevator, following closely behind are Phineas and Ferb. Candace runs in to follow and bust them but is stopped by the hotel manager whom Candace passes the "bust baton" to. The A-Primes are running amok through the hotel, still being chased by Phineas and Ferb until they are stopped by the Hotel Manager who chases the A-Primes instead.
Back on Pink Unicorn island, more random evolving and devolving is going on between Agent P and Doofenshmirtz. Candace is finally able to relax with the hotel manager doing her ‘job’. Phineas watches the hotel manager chase the A-Primes from a window and wonders how they are going to round them up. Ferb calls room service and the hotel manager yells, "I'm going to call your mother!" and Candace, down by the pool, yells her number up to him. However, Linda and Lawrence are surfing and don't hear her phone ring so the hotel manager only gets a recording saying, "Hello, you’ve reached Linda Flynn-Fletcher, and if this is Candace, I’m sure that what ever the boys are doing, is nothing."
Perry finally gets back to normal and turns Doofenshmirtz into a single-cell organism. Phineas and Ferb get the giant flashlight they ordered from room service and use it to bring the A-Primes back. The hotel manager finds their parents and quickly tries to rush them over to see what their boys had done. Before Linda and Lawrence could see, the A-Primes are changes into humans from the De-Evolution-Inator which had shot into space and reflected off a satellite when Perry dumped it into the sea. The hotel manager is dumbfounded while Candace tells him, "Oh, dude, I know, right?"
Linda, Lawrence, Phineas, and Ferb are hula dancing and Candace made a sand sculpture of Jeremy that gets run over by a wave. Candace finds a "good" luck tiki charm.
Underwater, single-cell Doofenshmirtz is wondering who could’ve guessed that his De-Evolution-Inator would backfire on him, making other single-cell organisms raise their hands. Annoyed, he sees his De-Evolution-Inator. He goes into the molecular scale control panel and uses it to evolve back into his old self and swim back to an island.
Phineas and Ferb are looking through some wetsuits and compliment Candace about her tiki charm. She tells them it's her new good luck charm and asks them what they’re up to. Phineas replies that they are going to try out some semi-aquatic endeavors, causing Candace to wonder where Perry went.
Perry, in his submarine, sees Monogram through the periscope and is told that they don't know the current location of Doofenshmirtz, but that the De-Evolution-Inator is likely on the island of Wata Lotta Hoie. As Perry makes his way to the island, Doofenshmirtz uses the De-Evolution-Inator in reverse and hits himself so he has the most highly evolved brain on earth, but his head is so big he can't get up.
Meanwhile, Candace has a montage of bad luck that she says "Could've been worse, good thing I had my good luck charm." She finally realizes that it's bad luck and tries to get rid of it, but it keeps coming back. A native tells her to take it to Wata Lotta Hoie and throw it into the volcano. After ending up on a surfboard, she runs into Phineas, Ferb, and pro surfer Laird Hamilton. The four of them end up on shore and Candace, with a manta ray stuck to her head, tells Phineas and Ferb about the tiki charm and asks them to help her. Phineas throws it away and thinks its gone, but Laird gives it back to her. Candace tells them how to get rid of it for real. Phineas says alright, and that he knows what they’re going to do today.
Perry, after crashing his submarine, washes up on shore and is found by Doofenshmirtz. He traps Perry and tells him that he's supreme ruler of the Tri-Coconut Area with his crab minions who he eats if they disobey. Perry stares at the De-Evolution-Inator and Doofenshmirtz tells him the he disabled it because it did bad things to his head and he just kept it around for the crabs. As he wonders why the crabs like it so much, Perry escapes and runs away.
Phineas, Ferb, and Candace are going through the island and Candace has a lot of Bad Luck. She gets a beehive stuck on her head, runs into a cliff, falls into mud, and ends up provoking bats and a large wild boar.
Doofenshmirtz separates the island between him and Perry with a line in the sand that they are not allowed to cross. He sees Perry has refreshments and asks for some, but Perry just stares at him. Doofenshmirtz asks if it’s because of the line and tries to get rid of it but Perry just walks away. He then invents the sand-inator to get sand in people's trunks to irritate them. Perry doesn’t seem to care because he doesn’t wear trunks. Next, Doofenshmirtz attempts to look at the bright side that he may be starving and dying of thirst, but at least he has a hovel and that Perry probably has nothing since he wouldn’t be able to build anything without opposable thumbs. But it turns out Perry has his own ‘paradise’ and had stolen Doofenshmirtz’s minions.
Phineas, Ferb, and Candace are climbing up the volcano when Phineas suggests he and Ferb go up the volcano first, for safety’s sake. Candace agrees and waits, wondering what is taking so long until she climbs up and sees the top of the volcano is just a restaurant. She’s sees her parents and brothers who show her tons of tiki charms, which are actually table-ready markers. The same native who told her to go to the volcano greets her and notices that she had taken the long way when she could have just taken the escalator. He takes her table-ready marker and puts it in a ‘volcano’ where it says she wins a free dessert. Not wanting anything that the necklace brings to her, she leaves toward the escalator, allowing Laird Hamilton to take the free dessert instead. Candace slips on the escalator and is stuck flipping around endlessly on it.
Doofenshmirtz tells himself he has to get off the island and he need a BO-AT or "boat" which he is now told it‘s pronounced. He turns around and sees that Perry had built himself a boat and was loading coconuts onto it. He walks up to him and tells him they should work together to get off the island. He picks up one of the nets with coconuts in it and throws it on Perry, stealing the boat afterward. Monogram pops out of the sand unexpectedly and tells Perry that Agent W will take it from here. He also states that he found a tiki charm and that they might get a free dessert at the great restaurant on the other side of the island. Candace, still stuck on the escalator, sees Perry coming up. “Oh, there you are Perry.”
Doofenshmirtz was happy to escape the island, but it was short-lived when Agent W appeared and ate him. Inside Agent W, he tells the coconut and a pelican that he's the supreme ruler until the pelican bit his nose.
|Click here to view more images from this episode.|
|The image gallery for this episode may be viewed here.|
|Click here to view more images from this episode.|
|The image gallery for this episode may be viewed here.|
The "Too Young" LineEdit
Candace, Lawrence, Linda, Ferb and Phineas: Aloha!
Phineas: Wow, I've always wanted a vacation this close to a volcanic hot spot. Do you smell what I smell Ferb?
Ferb: (Sniffs) Hmm-mm, magma.
Phineas: How are we gonna round up the A-Primes?
Ferb picks up a phone
Laird: Say, aren't you dudes a little young to be riding this kinda surf?
Ferb: No worries, bro. We're just gonna hot dog this hunk of plastic bone up to the sand.
Perry's entrance to his lairEdit
In Part I, He gets his briefing through a screen on a Tiki statue. In Part II, Perry is seen contacting Monogram on his trademark submarine in his periscope.
Lawrence: Oh, I can't wait to wipe out!
Linda: Dear, wipe out means falling off the board.
Lawrence: Well, I am a little rusty on my Hawaiian, but here goes. Hola, señor. Me llamo Lawrence. (Spanish for 'Hello, sir. My name is Lawrence.')
Hotel Manager: Oh, no no. That's not necessary. We speak in English here. We are a part of the United States, you know.
Phineas: Hey, not to be redundant but... Where's Perry?
Referring to the hotel manager
Phineas: Wow. For someone living in Hawaii, he's awfully stressed.
Doofenshmirtz: Oh, great. Now I'm a single-celled organism. Now how am I going to drive home?
Candace: Ooh, a good luck charm! (mysterious music plays) With its own theme music!
Single Guy: If this wasn't meant to be, someone give me a sign?
Candace: (Background voice) No, no, no, no, no! (Slams into the window)Single Guy: Well that's good enough for me. This single guy is out, peace!
Lawrence: And this move means this Britt can move it!
Doofenshmirtz: Just because we're stranded on a desert island, doesn't mean we should abandon our normal lives, don't you think? Because then the Tiki gods would win!
- Listed on the Disney Channel TV Schedule.
- Link http://www.bnqt.com/blogs/detail/Pro-Surfer-Laird-Hamilton-to-Guest-Star-on-Disney-XDs-Phineas-and-Ferb/6164
- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5EsWu2K5Vb0 - Features videos from this episode.
- This episode first premiered on Disney XD on Demand on July 7, 2010.
- This is first episode since Out to Launch to be seen on Disney Channel first.
- This episode reveals Linda cellphone number is "555-0142", which they use in Hollywood movies. A 555 in a number does not exist.
- First 2-part episode that doesn't have the their friends: Baljeet, Buford, or Isabella.
- This is the second episode in which someone other than Candace wants to bust Phineas and Ferb. "Leave the Busting to Us!"
- Growth elixir is used again. ("Attack of the 50 Foot Sister")
- Giant baby head makes another appearance.
- Candace showing her ability to make sand sculpture. ("Atlantis")
- Doofenshmirtz mistakenly pronounces boat as BO-AT ("Interview With a Platypus")
- Doofenshmirtz dislikes of Pelicans. ("Mom's Birthday")
- "____ out, peace!" is said again. ("Unfair Science Fair Redux (Another Story)", "Attack of the 50 Foot Sister" ,"Invasion of the Ferb Snatchers", "The Beak", "She's the Mayor").
- Multiple doors are seen in one scene again. ("One Good Scare Ought to do It!")
- Candace is seen with her Teen Preen magazine again ("Don't Even Blink", "Invasion of the Ferb Snatchers") as well as her MP3 player ("Does This Duckbill Make Me Look Fat?", "Not Phineas and Ferb").
- Candace wears a bikini that looks like the one she had in Lawn Gnome Beach Party of Terror, but in pink.
- In Part II, it is mentioned that Perry doesn't wear trunks, just like he never wears clothes (Except his boxer shorts under his fur) ("Perry Lays an Egg")
- The line Doofenshmirtz says: "Then the tiki gods would win!" is a nod to Phineas' line: "Then the morning DJs win." in Lawn Gnome Beach Party of Terror
- The Jeff "Swampy" Marsh look-a-like is seen in this episode. ("The Fast and the Phineas")
- This title is a parody of the 1980´s film, National Lampoon's Vacation. It may also refer to The Brady Bunch's Hawaiian Vacation.
- Pele's Curse - Candace getting a curse from the necklace she found that causing her to have bad luck.
- Peter Pan - When Doofenshmirtz is explaining to Perry why he was on Pink Unicorn Island, he says, "I wanted Skull Island right over there, but it was already booked ...." This is a reference to the island of the same name.
- The Suite Life of Zack and Cody - Phill Lewis as the Hotel Manager trying to stop Phineas and Ferb, the same way as Moseby trying to stop Zack and Cody. Coincidentally, Phill Lewis also plays Moseby, the hotel manager in the show. Also, Ashley Tisdale plays as Maddie in both series.
- Castaway - Doofenshmirtz being stranded in the island, losing his body weight and having a coconut friend.
- The Lord of the Rings - Candace must take the cursed Charm and destroy it in the Wata Lotta Hoie volcano, just as Frodo must destroy the Ring in Mount Doom.
- Aqua Primates are a parody of Sea-Monkeys, a well-known novelty "pet"-raising activity/toy. (In reality, Sea-Monkeys are a species of brine shrimp.)
- Scooby-Doo - Phineas and Ferb chase the Aqua Primates through multiple doors, parodying a motif often used in chase sequences on the series (complete with similar '70s-style music).
- 2001: A Space Odyssey - The crabs worshiping the De-evolution-inator resembles the opening scene of this film, in which apes worship a mysterious monolith. Doofenshmirtz points out the "Kubricky" resemblance, in reference to the film's director Stanley Kubrick.
- Finding Nemo - "Mount Wata Lotta Hoie" is similar to "Mount Wanna Hock A Loogie" from the Disney/Pixar film.
- Alvin and the Chipmunks - Once zapped into human form, the female child of the A-Primes is wearing the same dress as Brittany of The Chipettes
- Linda and Lawrence's dialog on the surfboard may be a parody of the beach movies popular in the 1960's
- The Little Mermaid - Doofenshmirtz becomes human under the sea and swims to the surface. The difference is that, while Princess Ariel was naked, Doofenshmirtz is wearing underwear and socks, and he comments on this. Also, Do The A-Prime Calypso With Me is a pastiche of the calypso-style "Under the Sea," sung by Sebastian the Crab.
- Pippi Longstocking: - a girl from during Do the A-Prime Calypso with me resembles Pippi is in the group of humans the only difference is she's wearing a green bathing-suit.
- The yoga instructor strongly resembles Jillian Michaels
- The crabs worshiping the De-evolution-inator might be a reference to a 2007 Super Bowl commercial in which crabs were worshiping a cooler filled with Budweiser.
- Lilo & Stitch - This episode takes place on a Hawaiian island, which is the setting of the Disney show "Lilo & Stitch: The Series"
- Madagascar- When Doofenshmirtz builds a terrible little home and finds out that Perry's home is a paradise, is like when Alex finds that Marty's home is a little paradise.
- All animals entering the State of Hawaii must undergo a period of quarantine. It's likely that Perry would not have been allowed into the state at all.
- Vincent Martella as Phineas
- Ashley Tisdale as Candace
- Thomas Sangster as Ferb
- Caroline Rhea as Mom
- Dan Povenmire as Dr. Doofenshmirtz
- Jeff "Swampy" Marsh as Major Monogram
- Richard O'Brien as Dad
- Dee Bradley Baker as Perry
- Phill Lewis as Hotel Manager
- Laird Hamilton as Himself
- Allie MacKay as Yoga Instructor
- Additional Voices: Dee Bradley Baker, Grey Delisle, Jess Harnell, Phill Lewis, Allie Mac Kay, Jeff "Swampy" Marsh, Dan Povenmire, Kevin Micheal Richardson, Tara Strong, Kari Wahlgren
| Vorige geproduceerde aflevering:|
|"Phineas and Ferb Hawaiian Vacation"|| Volgende geproduceerde aflevering:|
| Vorige uitgezonden aflevering:|
"The Lemonade Stand"
| Volgende uitgezonden aflevering:|
"Phineas and Ferb: Summer Belongs To You"