|“||When you do something like Rocky, which is undefinable somehow, it always becomes difficult to lose that. Not that I have any interest in saying goodbye to Rocky. I absolutely adore being involved and a part of something that is really a phenomenon. With the film around for 25 years and the show being around even longer—still running and continuing to fill house all around the word—it's really an exciting and wonderful thing to be part of that. And I have no problems with that at all. If it overshadows anything else, I can understand completely why and again it doesn't worry me.||”|
Richard O'Brien is a British songwriter and actor, best known as the creator of The Rocky Horror Picture Show and its sequel, Shock Treatment. On Phineas and Ferb, he performs the voice of Lawrence Fletcher, father of Candace, Phineas and Ferb.
Watching horror and science-fiction double features in nearby Hamilton, New Zealand, O'Brien added an interest in acting to his love of rock and roll. He moved back to England in 1964, tried singing, then bеcame a movie stuntman and fringe theater actor. 
- Apostle and Leper, Jesus Christ Superstar (London stage production)
- Riff Raff, The Rocky Horror Picture Show
- Dr. Cosmo McKinley, Shock Treatment
- Fico Flash Gordon
- Gulnar, Robin of Sherwood
- Damien, Spice World
- Lawrence Fletcher, Phineas and Ferb
- Nicknames: Reckless Rick, Ritz
- Born in England, but moved to Tauranga, New Zealand when his father decided to switch jobs from accountant to sheep farmer.
- Changed his name from Smith to O'Brien after learning there was another Richard Smith registered with the British Actors Equity. He chose O'Brien because it was his maternal grandmother's name.
- His role on Phineas and Ferb is an unofficial reunion with two other actors from The Rocky Horror Picture Show movie: Tim Curry (Stubbings and Dr. Lloyd Wexler in the A Hard Day's Knight episode) and Barry Bostwick (Clyde Flynn). However, Lawrence does not meet Stubbings or Wexler. The only time he meets Clyde is during the opening of the Crack That Whip episode, when Lawrence is previewing his speech to Phineas, Ferb, Grandma Betty Jo, Clyde and Linda.
- The character of Dr. Frank-N-Furter is based on Alice Cooper.
- The Rocky Horror Picture Show has been running in theaters around the world for more than thirty years.
- A life-size bronze statue of Richard O'Brien in his Riff Raff space suit was unveiled in Hamilton, New Zealand on November 25, 2004.
- Richard O'Brien at Wikipedia;
- Richard O'Brien at
- Richard's MySpace page
- Interview at TheCelebrityCafe.com